Jog-a-thon 2017 Coming Soon
Tuesday, February 14!
“What is Jog-a-thon?” It is a fun 20 minute run around the P.E. track as parents and teachers cheer on the students and often run alongside them. As we celebrate heart health in February, the Foundation is also raising money to keep programs like PE, Science, Art, Music, and Technology at Park Village.
Today your child will be bringing home a Jog-a-thon packet with an envelope attached. In the packet, you will see a Donation form, a Prizes and Incentives sheet, information on fundraising online with CrowdRise, and a FAQ sheet explaining the Jog-a-thon in detail.
Grade levels are assigned running times to go to the back field with their classes and run the track for 20 minutes. Each class has a designated color, and students, teachers and parents alike will be encouraged to wear a shirt in that color (it makes it easier to spot each other and cheer them on as they run by!). The running schedule and class colors are attached in this issue.
In the meantime, start thinking about who you can count on to support your child in the Jog-a-thon! Using CrowdRise for online donations makes it even easier for family and friends to give to a worthy cause. Stay tuned for next week’s Flash, where we talk about donations, prizes and the BIG SCHOOL-WIDE INCENTIVE that has become a tradition of the Jog-a-thon.
Download additional forms and information here:
12TH ANNUAL JOG-A-THON
FEBRUARY 14, 2017
PRIZES AND INCENTIVES
- COLLECT $100 OR MORE IN DONATIONS to enter a drawing for a GOPRO. Two winners will be chosen.
- RUN THE MOST LAPS IN YOUR CLASS (top boy and girl) to enter a drawing for a NEW PAIR OF RUNNING SHOES . Two winners will be chosen.
- TOGETHER, IF WE RAISE $ 20,000… Mr. Mosgrove will CLIMB NEW HEIGHTS and RACE one person from each of the winning classrooms that raise the most money per grade level…UP A 25 FT ROCK WALL!
- BONUS: All students from the winning classrooms will
have a chance to climb the rock wall before the assembly.
The Jog-a-thon raises money for Science , P.E. , Art , Music , and Technology
- GOAL: Raise $20,000 TOGETHER
- Ask family members, friends, neighbors, and co-workers for donations.
- Donations can be made ONLINE at our NEW WEBSITE:
https://www.crowdrise.com/PVEJogathon2017. More information on
CrowdRise can be found in your Jog-a-thon Packet.
- Enclose cash/check donations and the completed donation form in the
Jog-a-thon envelope, and turn in your envelope to your classroom teacher.
- Preschool, TK, Kindergarten 9:10 Report to field, 9:20-9:50 RUN
- K/1, 1st grade 9:40 Report to field, 9:50-10:10 RUN
- 4th grade 10:10 Report to field, 10:20-10:40 RUN
- 5th grade, Lin 10:40 Report to field, 10:50-11:10 RUN<
- 2nd grade, Bruner, Strahan 11:10 Report to field, 11:20-11:40 RUN
- 3rd grade 11:40 Report to field, 11:50-12:10 RUN