Determined And Dedicated Support
We're parents who host events and complete projects around campus to enhance the school experience. Anyone is welcome to join us and volunteer when you can. No experience necessary. We'll take all the penguin power we can get! While we are mostly dads, many moms help with projects and events, too.
You'll meet a great group of parents who enjoy having fun at events and making a difference for our kids. Being able to say, "I helped build that" gives us a great sense of pride.
Email email@example.com to join our email list.
Check out photos on Instagram and Facebook at @ParkVillageDADS.
- Bring your CRV recyclables (aluminum cans, plastic and glass bottles) to our monthly recycling collection, now on the first Saturday morning of each month, starting September 5, 8-10 AM, in the ESS parking lot.
- Do you or someone you know have experience in landscape design or construction? We'd love guidance on refreshing the grass area near the cafeteria.
- Do you have a contact at a home improvement store or nursery that can help us with lumber, paint, plants, or a storage shed? We'd love to hear from you.
- CRV Recycling - We collect bottles and cans with the California Redemption Value (CRV) logo every month to raise funds for the Foundation. New for Fall 2020, collections will be the first Saturday of every month from 8-10 AM in the ESS parking lot. First one is September 5! Can't make the regular drop-off? Email us to schedule a neighborhood pickup or special drop-off time.
Our annual events are on hold for the 2020-2021 school year.
- Picnic With Penguins - Parents and family may join their students for lunch and recess on multiple Fridays throughout the year. Pack your own lunch or purchase a meal at the cafeteria. DADS Tip: your students LOVE when you attend these.
- Movie Night - A family-friendly movie on the back playground with food and drinks provided. This is our big event of the year!
- Astronomy Night - Get your science on with a planetarium show in the MPR, telescopes on the ESS playground, and space programs projected on the K building wall.
- Canyon Quest - Geocaching fun in the PQ canyon. Start at the park across from school and use your smartphone or GPS device to find caches in the canyon. No experience necessary.
- Bike Safety and Canyon Ride - Have your bike looked over by volunteer mechanics then we ride the PQ canyon to the waterfall.
- Pancake Breakfast and Car Show - Held the Saturday of Mother's Day weekend, we serve pancakes to celebrate all the cool moms in our lives, while in the parking lot, car enthusiasts will drool over a varied display of cars, trucks, and motorcycles.
We complete projects big and small around campus that “fall through the cracks.” Some past projects include the backpack shelves outside all classrooms, the school fence along Camino del Sur, and the outdoor classroom /Learning Garden. Upcoming volunteer opportunities include:
- Stomp and sort CRV recyclables (monthly)
- Paint railings and fences around campus
- Build a storage shed and plant fruit trees in the outdoor classroom/Learning Garden
- Rebuild classroom backpack hangers and shelves
- Paint the handball walls
Contact us to get involved! firstname.lastname@example.org
Check us out on Instagram and Facebook at @ParkVillageDADS.