Play our video to learn more about all the wonderful programs and events our fundraising efforts help provide for the school and our students.
Enjoy and thank you for visiting our site!
Welcome Park Village Families!
We are excited for the new school year and supporting our wonderful students, Principal, teachers, and staff. We are kicking off our Golden Envelope Pledge drive today at Popsicle Posting. Keep an eye out for the pledge drive letter and golden envelope that will be coming home in your child’s homework folder or backpack this week.
Did you know that most elementary schools in PUSD do not receive the supplemental science, art, music, PE, and technology offerings that are provided here at Park Village? For the 2019-2020 school year, we need to raise $160,000 to continue providing the enriched curriculum that is no longer funded by the State.
The PV Foundation has a single donation ask of $350 per student. For just $35 a month* you can contribute to the success of our PV students and teachers, making us a top-rated elementary school in Poway Unified School District—and a CA Distinguished School. The majority of our budget goes towards the five key areas of enrichment (Science, Technology, Art, Music, and PE), but there’s so much more that we provide for, at Park Village Elementary.
Join us today in continuing the tradition of excellence at Park Village by making your 100% tax-deductible donation to the PV Foundation. The suggested contribution is $350 per student, but donations of every size are welcomed and appreciated. Corporate matching programs can easily DOUBLE your gift to the PV Foundation, so please check with your employer. Increasing your gift can be as easy as filling out a form! On behalf of the PV Foundation, thank you for your generosity and support.
The PV Foundation thanks you for your support this year! The Foundation’s purpose is to:
- Increase every student’s ability to achieve a superior, college-ready education
- Raise funds to build and maintain our academic-based programs and community-building events
- Provide our PUSD teaching staff with the tools they need to teach our children
- Sustain our program coordinators in Art, Music, Science, and Physical Education
- Inspire excellence and encourage camaraderie throughout our school
- Support our school events and programs to foster relationships with our families and community
Specifically, we provide funding for:
- Science (Mrs Nellies’ salary, lab materials)
- Art (Mrs. Hirst’s salary, art materials)
- Music (Miss LaDow’s salary)
- Physical Education (Mrs. Mills’ salary, PE equipment)
- Technology (iPads, Chromebooks, mall printers, printer cartridges, etc)
- Library (Follet & Guild subscriptions, new books, etc)
- Curriculum (ALEKS Math program, LEXIA Reading program, Penguin PALS, teacher training, assemblies, field trip transportation, homework folders, etc)
- Outdoor classroom/learning garden (fencing, planter boxes, composters, irrigation, etc)
- Family Events (Meet, Greet, & Eat, DADS Movie Night, DADS Canyon Bike Ride, DADS Astronomy Night, Canyon Quest, DADS Pancake Breakfast & Car Show, Penguin Rock, etc)
- And more! We pay for staff CPR training, back-to-school and appreciation lunches for staff/teachers, supplies for school improvements done by the DADS Group, and many other things that help to keep our school running smoothly.
This year’s operating budget was $162,484 for all of these programs. We achieve this goal by the following avenues:
- Annual Fall Pledge Drive & Corporate Matching
- Friends of the Foundation Sponsors
- Family Game Night & Spring Online Auction
- Disneyland, parking space, and spring basket raffles
- Restaurant Nights, Spirit Wear, Yearbook, Book Fair, BoxTops, amazon.com
The PV Foundation is composed of Principal Mosgrove, two teacher advisors, and parent volunteers serving on the board. Our non-program, or administrative, expenses are only a small fraction our total operating budget. We do everything in-house, thus maximizing the reach of your dollars. With your participation, we are able to meet our fundraising goals. Any monies raised over our budget are used to enhance the education of our Penguins (ie, additional gifts to the library to update the collection, and additional weeks of music instruction with Miss LaDow). You make the difference in providing this enriched curriculum and experience at Park Village. THANK YOU!
PV Flash Mob
We celebrated Heritage Day during Friday Flag on April 26 with a school-wide flash mob! Choreographed by our very own music teacher, Ms. LaDow!
Online Auction and Family Game Night
Thank you for supporting another successful Online Auction! Congratulations to the winner of the 2 Disneyland tickets for placing a bid by the deadline.
A lot of fun was had at our 7th Annual Family Game Night on Friday, April 5. Food trucks Pinto’s Pizza Cones, Haad Sai Thai, and Nana’s Heavenly Hot Dogs, were on campus, and the DADS Dessert Table offered a variety of ice cream treats and their signature cotton candy. Also featured: bingo with your favorite teachers as callers, our signature Game Room (Tosso and board games), seven amazing raffle baskets, and second chance bingo raffle drawings! Congratulations to all of our winners!
All proceeds from the Online Auction and Family Game Night support our Science, Art, Music, PE, and Technology programs.
Outdoor Classroom Update ~ 3/8/19
While we are waiting for irrigation to go in for the beautiful new planter boxes, 2nd Grade has been busy planting and watching their garden grow – radishes, broccoli, cauliflower, lettuce, snap peas, carrots and spinach!
Jog-a-thon – THANK YOU and … We Did It!
THANK YOU to everyone for another successful Jog-a-thon! The students impressed us all with their perseverance and can-do attitude out on the track. It was so encouraging to see the parents, siblings and grandparents out there cheering their runners on. Thank you to our teachers, staff, Mr. Mosgrove, and our custodian, Mr. Armin, for assisting us with this event — we could not do it without them. Thank you to our Friends of the Foundation and especially to Laces Running Company, CPK, Mira Mesa Auto Techs, Pacific Polo, Smart Solar, Eye Level, i-Ortho, and Jen Howard for supporting this year’s Jog-a-thon. A special shout-out goes to Victor Rubio for putting together the music playlist and DJ’ing the event.
We have completed calculations of our Jog-a-thon donations, and we have some exciting news! Our SCHOOL-WIDE GOAL of raising $20,000 was MET. Not only was it met, your donations SURPASSED the goal, bringing the grand total to over $31,500! CONGRATULATIONS!
BizTown Field Trip Documented by PUSD Communications Department
The PV Foundation helps to fund field trips and assemblies. Our 5th graders recently went to JA BizTown for PV’s inaugural visit, and the PUSD Communications Department documented their experience. Click here to read the story and watch the video, part of PUSD’s “Excellence in Education” series: https://goo.gl/e4WEUZ
Outdoor Classroom Update ~ 1/25/19
We had a great turnout for the first Outdoor Classroom build party last weekend. Six amazing planter boxes were built! In addition to building the planter boxes, we also touched up the handball wall poles. This is what the DADS Group is about: DADS with TOOLS building a legacy that our kids and future penguins will enjoy! Special thanks to Ryan Broley for picking up all the lumber and doing the prep work; and all the kids who helped with the build and campus cleanup.
Our next build party is on Sunday Feb 10, 8:00am to 12:00pm. Please sign up to help finish the poles, build a ramp, and possibly lay down some pavers. No experience necessary! Sign Up: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/30e084ea9ae2da5f85-210
Welcome Jillian LaDow, Music Coordinator
Double Your Donation with Corporate Matching
Thank you for your Golden Envelope Pledge Drive donations! We are halfway to our 2018-2019 budgeted goal of $150,000. Although our annual Pledge Drive has come to an end, we accept donations all year long. Your tax-deductible donation can easily be doubled with corporate matching. Check with your company’s Human Resources Department to see if they match employee charitable donations. You can also go to Matching Gift Search to find out if your company has a matching gift policy.
Acknowledgement letters for donations of $250 or more are being mailed soon, and serve as your donation receipt. If you require a receipt sooner, or for a donation of less than $250, please contact the Treasurer. Thank you for taking a few minutes to inquire about corporate matching. Imagine what we could do at Park Village with more!
At the Library:
- With a donation of $100… Mrs. Fleming could support Mrs. Burgstaller’s “No Place for Hate” program by purchasing the library books that we don’t already own.
- With a donation of $250…Mrs. Fleming could replace the small, worn out bookends with larger steel ones with magnetic bases (in fun colors) and refresh the library décor with a vinyl wall quote.
- With a donation of $350… Mrs. Fleming could buy approximately 23 hardcover books for the library, specifically “student choice” titles that the students wish we had. That in turn would free up other funds and enable her to purchase more books for other areas of the collection.
Outdoor Classroom / Learning Garden
Thanks to the hard work and muscle of our DADS Group, and funding from PV Foundation, there is a new fence up behind the kindergarten playground. This space is the location of PV’s newest project: the outdoor classroom / learning garden. Principal Mosgrove is working with a Master Gardener for design, planning, and implementation of the garden, as well as classroom lessons. 2nd grade classes have begun planting seeds. 3rd grade classes are growing milkweed and studying the butterfly life cycle. 4th grade classes will soon be learning about composting. Up next is constructing irrigation lines, installing a pathway into the area, and building raised planter boxes. We look forward to the upcoming months as the new garden take shape!